BRISTOL, Va. - A change is coming to the Appalachian League.
The Bristol White Sox will become the Bristol Pirates.
Officials with Bristol Baseball confirmed Wednesday morning that the Bristol, Virginia minor-league club will become an affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates staring with the 2014 season.
We're told the deal has been in the works for the past couple of weeks.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone