BRISTOL, Va. - A change is coming to the Appalachian League.
The Bristol White Sox will become the Bristol Pirates.
Officials with Bristol Baseball confirmed Wednesday morning that the Bristol, Virginia minor-league club will become an affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates staring with the 2014 season.
We're told the deal has been in the works for the past couple of weeks.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City