BRISTOL, Va. - A change is coming to the Appalachian League.
The Bristol White Sox will become the Bristol Pirates.
Officials with Bristol Baseball confirmed Wednesday morning that the Bristol, Virginia minor-league club will become an affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates staring with the 2014 season.
We're told the deal has been in the works for the past couple of weeks.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting