Bristol Caverns is probably one of our region's oldest attractions. Work on the caverns began in the late thirties as a commercial adventure.
In the frontier days, Indians used the Underground River as an attack and escape route in their raids on settlers. Stealing into the area by way of the Underground River and the caverns, they swooped down on unsuspecting families, then disappeared as if swallowed up by the earth.
Cool off just outside of Bristol, Tennessee as you walk inside and discover mother nature's magnificent works.
1157 Bristol Caverns Hwy
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon