Bristol Caverns is probably one of our region's oldest attractions. Work on the caverns began in the late thirties as a commercial adventure.
In the frontier days, Indians used the Underground River as an attack and escape route in their raids on settlers. Stealing into the area by way of the Underground River and the caverns, they swooped down on unsuspecting families, then disappeared as if swallowed up by the earth.
Cool off just outside of Bristol, Tennessee as you walk inside and discover mother nature's magnificent works.
1157 Bristol Caverns Hwy
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31