Bristol Caverns is probably one of our region's oldest attractions. Work on the caverns began in the late thirties as a commercial adventure.
In the frontier days, Indians used the Underground River as an attack and escape route in their raids on settlers. Stealing into the area by way of the Underground River and the caverns, they swooped down on unsuspecting families, then disappeared as if swallowed up by the earth.
Cool off just outside of Bristol, Tennessee as you walk inside and discover mother nature's magnificent works.
1157 Bristol Caverns Hwy
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next