BRISTOL, Va. - A business owner in Bristol, Virginia has filed a complaint in Bristol circuit court against the Falls retail development at Exit 5.
The plaintiff, Travis Campbell, alleges the city's $10 million bond issue for improvements to Lee Highway near The Falls is invalid.
The complaint claims the bond issue does not meet requirements of the Bristol city charter, claims the city did not provide proper public notice, and claims the bond issue resolution was not properly filed with the clerk of circuit court in Bristol.
The complaint asks for the bond issuance to be declared invalid.
No date has been set for a hearing.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development