BRISTOL, Va. - A business owner in Bristol, Virginia has filed a complaint in Bristol circuit court against the Falls retail development at Exit 5.
The plaintiff, Travis Campbell, alleges the city's $10 million bond issue for improvements to Lee Highway near The Falls is invalid.
The complaint claims the bond issue does not meet requirements of the Bristol city charter, claims the city did not provide proper public notice, and claims the bond issue resolution was not properly filed with the clerk of circuit court in Bristol.
The complaint asks for the bond issuance to be declared invalid.
No date has been set for a hearing.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting