BRISTOL, Va. - A business owner in Bristol, Virginia has filed a complaint in Bristol circuit court against the Falls retail development at Exit 5.
The plaintiff, Travis Campbell, alleges the city's $10 million bond issue for improvements to Lee Highway near The Falls is invalid.
The complaint claims the bond issue does not meet requirements of the Bristol city charter, claims the city did not provide proper public notice, and claims the bond issue resolution was not properly filed with the clerk of circuit court in Bristol.
The complaint asks for the bond issuance to be declared invalid.
No date has been set for a hearing.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment