BRISTOL, Va. - A business owner in Bristol, Virginia has filed a complaint in Bristol circuit court against the Falls retail development at Exit 5.
The plaintiff, Travis Campbell, alleges the city's $10 million bond issue for improvements to Lee Highway near The Falls is invalid.
The complaint claims the bond issue does not meet requirements of the Bristol city charter, claims the city did not provide proper public notice, and claims the bond issue resolution was not properly filed with the clerk of circuit court in Bristol.
The complaint asks for the bond issuance to be declared invalid.
No date has been set for a hearing.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon