BRISTOL, Tenn. - Two Bristol, Tennessee brothers have died in a crash in western North Carolina. Troopers say they were hit by a car while riding motorcycles.
North Carolina Highway Patrol tells us it happened on US Highway-129 eight miles north of Robinsville in the far western corner of the state.
Investigators say 66-year-old Grover Jones and 56-year-old Andy Jones were hit by a sports car that crossed the center line.
The driver of the car told troopers he swerved to avoid an animal. He was charged with driving left of center and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial