BRISTOL, Tenn. - Two Bristol, Tennessee brothers have died in a crash in western North Carolina. Troopers say they were hit by a car while riding motorcycles.
North Carolina Highway Patrol tells us it happened on US Highway-129 eight miles north of Robinsville in the far western corner of the state.
Investigators say 66-year-old Grover Jones and 56-year-old Andy Jones were hit by a sports car that crossed the center line.
The driver of the car told troopers he swerved to avoid an animal. He was charged with driving left of center and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane