BRISTOL, Tenn. - Two Bristol, Tennessee brothers have died in a crash in western North Carolina. Troopers say they were hit by a car while riding motorcycles.
North Carolina Highway Patrol tells us it happened on US Highway-129 eight miles north of Robinsville in the far western corner of the state.
Investigators say 66-year-old Grover Jones and 56-year-old Andy Jones were hit by a sports car that crossed the center line.
The driver of the car told troopers he swerved to avoid an animal. He was charged with driving left of center and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect