BRISTOL, Tenn. - Two Bristol, Tennessee brothers have died in a crash in western North Carolina. Troopers say they were hit by a car while riding motorcycles.
North Carolina Highway Patrol tells us it happened on US Highway-129 eight miles north of Robinsville in the far western corner of the state.
Investigators say 66-year-old Grover Jones and 56-year-old Andy Jones were hit by a sports car that crossed the center line.
The driver of the car told troopers he swerved to avoid an animal. He was charged with driving left of center and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations