BRISTOL, Tenn. - Two Bristol, Tennessee brothers have died in a crash in western North Carolina. Troopers say they were hit by a car while riding motorcycles.
North Carolina Highway Patrol tells us it happened on US Highway-129 eight miles north of Robinsville in the far western corner of the state.
Investigators say 66-year-old Grover Jones and 56-year-old Andy Jones were hit by a sports car that crossed the center line.
The driver of the car told troopers he swerved to avoid an animal. He was charged with driving left of center and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges
- New Griffith, Kitts set for showdown in Virginia 9th District debate
- Arby's to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states