HANCOCK COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation revealed the plans for a two-phase project of the Kyles Ford Bridge in Hancock County.
Here are the facts -- it's going to be a "repair and replace" project. TDOT told News 5 they changed their plans after public concern.
Now while the new bridge is being built, the repair project will upgrade the current bridge and extend its life by three to five years.
During the repair the bridge will be closed for about six weeks, starting May 22 when school is out of session.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator