HANCOCK COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation revealed the plans for a two-phase project of the Kyles Ford Bridge in Hancock County.
Here are the facts -- it's going to be a "repair and replace" project. TDOT told News 5 they changed their plans after public concern.
Now while the new bridge is being built, the repair project will upgrade the current bridge and extend its life by three to five years.
During the repair the bridge will be closed for about six weeks, starting May 22 when school is out of session.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims