HANCOCK COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation revealed the plans for a two-phase project of the Kyles Ford Bridge in Hancock County.
Here are the facts -- it's going to be a "repair and replace" project. TDOT told News 5 they changed their plans after public concern.
Now while the new bridge is being built, the repair project will upgrade the current bridge and extend its life by three to five years.
During the repair the bridge will be closed for about six weeks, starting May 22 when school is out of session.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project