HANCOCK COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation revealed the plans for a two-phase project of the Kyles Ford Bridge in Hancock County.
Here are the facts -- it's going to be a "repair and replace" project. TDOT told News 5 they changed their plans after public concern.
Now while the new bridge is being built, the repair project will upgrade the current bridge and extend its life by three to five years.
During the repair the bridge will be closed for about six weeks, starting May 22 when school is out of session.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin