HANCOCK COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation revealed the plans for a two-phase project of the Kyles Ford Bridge in Hancock County.
Here are the facts -- it's going to be a "repair and replace" project. TDOT told News 5 they changed their plans after public concern.
Now while the new bridge is being built, the repair project will upgrade the current bridge and extend its life by three to five years.
During the repair the bridge will be closed for about six weeks, starting May 22 when school is out of session.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations