ABINGDON, Va. - Johnston Memorial Hospital is hosting a breast cancer awareness event Thursday from 3-7pm.
Hospital officials say women are invited to take part in the event that includes presentations on breast health by some local doctors.
Free health screenings will be offered.
The event is at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator