ABINGDON, Va. - Johnston Memorial Hospital is hosting a breast cancer awareness event Thursday from 3-7pm.
Hospital officials say women are invited to take part in the event that includes presentations on breast health by some local doctors.
Free health screenings will be offered.
The event is at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next