ABINGDON, Va. - Johnston Memorial Hospital is hosting a breast cancer awareness event Thursday from 3-7pm.
Hospital officials say women are invited to take part in the event that includes presentations on breast health by some local doctors.
Free health screenings will be offered.
The event is at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition