BRISTOL, Tenn. - After a week of collecting, the Boy Scouts are now counting their donations from the public.
We checked in with Troop 423 to see all of the food they gathered. Scout Master Michael Harman tells us they have received truck loads of food and this year they not only surpassed their goal, they raised more than they did last year.
Harman says, "This year, we are filling up flat bed trailers full and box trucks full of food. The response has been overwhelming this year."
All of the food collected will go to the Bristol Emergency Food Pantry, which will help veterans in the area.
For beating their goal this year, the scouts of Troop 423 will have a chance to throw pies at Scout Master Harman. Harman says it's a bet he is happy to lose.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial