BRISTOL, Tenn. - After a week of collecting, the Boy Scouts are now counting their donations from the public.
We checked in with Troop 423 to see all of the food they gathered. Scout Master Michael Harman tells us they have received truck loads of food and this year they not only surpassed their goal, they raised more than they did last year.
Harman says, "This year, we are filling up flat bed trailers full and box trucks full of food. The response has been overwhelming this year."
All of the food collected will go to the Bristol Emergency Food Pantry, which will help veterans in the area.
For beating their goal this year, the scouts of Troop 423 will have a chance to throw pies at Scout Master Harman. Harman says it's a bet he is happy to lose.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City