BOONE, N.C. - Boone police arrested a man they believe had sex with a child.
37-year-old Jorge Del Carmen Hernandez-Moreno is charged with statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child. Police believe the crimes happened at his home on Winter Drive.
He was granted a $250,000 secure bond and is scheduled to be back in court on May 28.
Police did not provide any more details; they tell us they're still investigating.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson