BOONE, N.C. - Boone police arrested a man they believe had sex with a child.
37-year-old Jorge Del Carmen Hernandez-Moreno is charged with statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child. Police believe the crimes happened at his home on Winter Drive.
He was granted a $250,000 secure bond and is scheduled to be back in court on May 28.
Police did not provide any more details; they tell us they're still investigating.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake