BRISTOL, Va. - A bomb squad rushed to downtown Bristol to inspect a suspicious package Friday afternoon.
Bristol, Virginia police got a report of a suspicious package outside of Tri-Summit Bank.
As a precaution, Lee Street was blocked off.
Police tell us a bomb squad, along with a K-9 officer trained in bomb detection came in to inspect the package.
"The bomb dog did not show any interest towards the bag, at that time the bomb squad did a sweep of the bag and it turned out to be just a personal bag and belongings," said Officer Willie Simpson with Bristol Virginia Police.
Police tell us an ID and money were also found inside the bag.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin