Buchanan County, VA - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly weekend fire in Buchanan County, Virginia.
According to Sergeant Michael Conroy, it happened around 4:30 yesterday morning on Lower Big Branch in Oakwood, Virginia. He says the Oakwood Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene and found a body inside of the house.
Police are not releasing the victim's name pending a positive identification from the medical examiner's office in Roanoke.Conroy says they do not suspect anything suspicious with this fire. A cause has not been determined.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record