BRISTOL, Tenn. - The weather this weekend was perfect for the racing fans in town, and the officials at Bristol Motor Speedway say it was a great weekend for the track as well.
We checked in with BMS officials Monday and they told us there's a lot of momentum after this weekend.
We're told some fans are calling the ticket window for next year's race, and fans came from all over the world to be at BMS. "We had a fabulous race weekend. We were blessed with the weather all week long. The fans had a tremendous time. The events were very successful. We're overall very pleased," said BMS General Manager Jerry Caldwell.
Bristol Motor Speedway doesn't release attendance figures, but one campground says this is the best race weekend they've had in seven years.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam