BRISTOL, TENN. - The World's Fastest Half-Mile is getting ready for thousands of race fans.
The Irwin Tools Night Race is one of the most popular and famous races in NASCAR.
The BMS operations staff has been putting the finishing touches on the new premium seating on the edge deck which allows fans to get up close to the action.
Some campers have arrived and Lynsey Wilson of BMS says that has increased the pressure on the staff to get things in shape for racing. "They are cleaning our suite level. They are painting the track walls, they are putting the finishing touches and doing repair work on the railings and anything in those grandstands that need to be taken care of." says Wilson. "Pressure washing the asphalt, making sure that Bristol looks its best for the night race."
BMS officials says camping spots are filling up fast.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin