BRISTOL, TENN. - Crews are working to hang lights and decorations for this year's Speedway In Lights.
The event is a fundraiser for Speedway Children's Charities.
The opening day is November 15, but we're told crews have been working for weeks.
"We start shortly after the August race bulbing lights," said Betsy Holleman with Speedway Children's Charities. "We get groups to come in, it's really cool. Some of our agencies that we give money to come in and bulb some lights for us, so they begin putting them up pretty quickly after the August race."
The Chill Hill inner tube ride and the ice skating rink will also open November 15.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event