BRISTOL, TENN. - Crews are working to hang lights and decorations for this year's Speedway In Lights.
The event is a fundraiser for Speedway Children's Charities.
The opening day is November 15, but we're told crews have been working for weeks.
"We start shortly after the August race bulbing lights," said Betsy Holleman with Speedway Children's Charities. "We get groups to come in, it's really cool. Some of our agencies that we give money to come in and bulb some lights for us, so they begin putting them up pretty quickly after the August race."
The Chill Hill inner tube ride and the ice skating rink will also open November 15.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash