BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bluegrass Hall of Famer, and local musician Doyle Lawson, was at Northeast State Community College's Bristol campus today helping students learn more about the music industry.
This is the culmination of a three day class featuring Lawson that focuses on teaching folks about how the recording industry works behind the scenes.
Students learn about recording albums, lighting stages and other aspects of the music world.
Lawson told News 5, "We're getting more and more people that are interested in our culture here, our heritage as well as what we're doing here. I mean we have a lot of visibility and coverage of the live part."
Lawson also talked to the class about studio recording and even gave some tips on performing live.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone