BRISTOL - Country music and racing are teaming up once again. This time, it's Food City Race Night and the Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
Race Night will take over State Street Thursday night, and all of the proceeds will go to the museum.
The museum has only been open a few weeks, but it's already one of the crown jewels of downtown. Museum officials already have plans for the money.
"It takes a lot to keep it running, and so we are really grateful for the proceeds that are going to help not only keep things running as they are, but also expand in things. We can do more in the community with groups around town," said Thomas Richardson, curator of education and outreach at the museum.
The museum is even staying open late on Thursday so people in town for Race Night can visit. The museum will close at nine o'clock instead of six.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next