BRISTOL, Tenn. - A local birthing center is getting a facelift thanks to a major financial gift from members of the community.
Wellmont health system officials unveiled plans for the Deborah H. Quillen Birthing Center inside Bristol Regional Medical Center. Mothers and newborns will soon have a newly renovated birthing unit with new and upgraded equipment.
"Overall, it would enhance the experience that the mother and baby have while they're here in the facility, and certainly we want to reach out and make that as joyous an occasion it possibly can," said Bart Hove, President and CEO of Bristol Regional Medical Center.
The center is named after Debbie Quillen. She and her husband, Mike Quillen, Alpha Natural Resources' former CEO, made what Wellmont officials called a sizable donation.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview