BRISTOL, Tenn. - A local birthing center is getting a facelift thanks to a major financial gift from members of the community.
Wellmont health system officials unveiled plans for the Deborah H. Quillen Birthing Center inside Bristol Regional Medical Center. Mothers and newborns will soon have a newly renovated birthing unit with new and upgraded equipment.
"Overall, it would enhance the experience that the mother and baby have while they're here in the facility, and certainly we want to reach out and make that as joyous an occasion it possibly can," said Bart Hove, President and CEO of Bristol Regional Medical Center.
The center is named after Debbie Quillen. She and her husband, Mike Quillen, Alpha Natural Resources' former CEO, made what Wellmont officials called a sizable donation.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin