A bill that would help bring money to Bristol, Virginia is on its way to the house of delegates.
The bill passed on Wednesday in the house finance committee by a vote of 18 to 4. The bill could come up in the house for a vote as early as Thursday. If passed, the city of Bristol, Virginia would be able to collect sales tax revenue directly when the firt store opens. If not passed, the tax money would go to Richmond, before coming back to Bristol.
- New Caterpillar confirms plans to cut 80 jobs in Winston-Salem
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway