BRISTOL, Tenn. - The site of Bristol, Tennessee's future Bass Pro Shop is starting to see some major changes.
Right now crews are grading the site and shaping the hill that sits just off Interstate 81.
We're told in the next few months, that hill will be mostly flattened and crews will be digging out large ponds to be stocked with fish.
Developer Steve Johnson told me grade work is ahead of schedule at this point, but it will be several months before crews start actual construction. "We deliver the pad no later than May, so you will start seeing Bass Pro start coming out of the ground in [the] May/June, range, and if we get really lucky with the weather, it could be in before then," said developer Steve Johnson.
The store is expected to open late this year or in early spring of 2014.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31