BRISTOL, Tenn. - Outdoor lovers are counting the days until the new Bass Pro Shops store opens near exit 74 in Bristol.
Over 300 people are working hard behind the scenes getting ready for the official opening August 20th.
The store is so big that it has its own bowling alley, which is not quite complete yet.
It also has its own restaurant, and workers say it will be up and running by next week.
According to general manager Jeff Hall, special attention has been paid to the outdoor displays and murals so that they reflect the Tri-Cities region.
Hall said, "We brought in a lot of the area with the trout fishing in this market area as well as the lake fishing in the area, so you are going to see the taxidermy, you're going to see the paintings, all the imagery is really Eastern Tennessee at its best."
The grand opening is scheduled for August 20th from 6 to 9 p.m.
Several NASCAR celebrities will be on hand along with fisherman Jimmy Houston.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated