ABINGDON, Va. - The play Thicker Than Water, about the Andrea Yates trial, recently opened at the Barter Theatre, and people are raising questions about presenting this horrific event as art.
Using the real words from court transcripts, police interviews, and media coverage of the Andrea Yates trial, the play Thicker Than Water weaves a story of America in search of answers for an action not so easily explained.
It raises questions like, 'What is it in human nature that allows such a horrific thing to occur in the first place?'
People are now discussing on social media whether art like this should be presented, or whether it is art at all.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event