ABINGDON, Va. - The Barter Theater is hitting a big milestone by celebrating their 80th season.
The Barter Theater was opened in 1933 to help starving actors.
While it still looks the same, you will notice a few modern changes that have been made over the last several years and you will continue to see more.
The producing artistic director, Richard Rose told News 5 after 80 seasons the theater is still going strong in attendance. "We have had record reason attendances. We are now in the 160,000 range, so we have continued to increase our attendance on a regular basis," he said.
If you would like to find out what shows they plan to do for their big season, you can click here.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream