ABINGDON, Va. - The Barter Theater is hitting a big milestone by celebrating their 80th season.
The Barter Theater was opened in 1933 to help starving actors.
While it still looks the same, you will notice a few modern changes that have been made over the last several years and you will continue to see more.
The producing artistic director, Richard Rose told News 5 after 80 seasons the theater is still going strong in attendance. "We have had record reason attendances. We are now in the 160,000 range, so we have continued to increase our attendance on a regular basis," he said.
If you would like to find out what shows they plan to do for their big season, you can click here.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims