BRISTOL, Tenn. - Sunday was the biggest day of the year for churches in our region as they celebrate Easter.
Easter Sunday is the day Christians believe Jesus rose from the grave after being crucified.
We spoke with the Pastor at New Grace Baptist Church, Sam Haynes. He tells us Easter Sunday is the biggest service of the year for them and he takes great responsibility in spreading the good news. "I am thankful they come even if it is just that one Sunday because it tells me there is hope there that they have that knowledge that Jesus does live," said Pastor Haynes.
Pastor Haynes said they had three services Sunday. It's just one of the many Easter events taking place throughout the region.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all