Bristol, TN - There's more progress for a little boy who's fighting for his life.
Several weeks ago, we introduced you to William Winston Blevins. He's the son of Eric and Christina Blevins. He was born on March first. Soon after he was born, doctors learned Winston had a heart condition and needed the attention of doctors at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
We've learned Winston made it through another surgery that lasted 12-hours. After three attempts to remove him from the heart lung machine and three hours of monitoring and tweaking we've learned his heart is beating on its own.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next