Bristol, TN - There's more progress for a little boy who's fighting for his life.
Several weeks ago, we introduced you to William Winston Blevins. He's the son of Eric and Christina Blevins. He was born on March first. Soon after he was born, doctors learned Winston had a heart condition and needed the attention of doctors at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
We've learned Winston made it through another surgery that lasted 12-hours. After three attempts to remove him from the heart lung machine and three hours of monitoring and tweaking we've learned his heart is beating on its own.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough