Johnson County, TN - Two arrests were made this morning in a double murder case in Johnson County, Tennessee.
Bill Payne Junior and Billie Hayworth were found dead inside of their home in the Doe Valley community last week.
We've learned this morning from the District Attorney's office that Jamie Curd and Marvin Potter Junior are in custody and both are facing two charges of first degree murder.
We're told there is no clear motive at this time but more information will be released soon.
According to a press release from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the victims made complaints against Potter's daughter for harassing and making threats against them by telephone and over the internet. Curd defended the girl accused of the harassment in court.
Curd and Potter were booked in the Johnson County Jail on $200,000 bond each. They will be in court on March 7.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project