Johnson County, TN - Two arrests were made this morning in a double murder case in Johnson County, Tennessee.
Bill Payne Junior and Billie Hayworth were found dead inside of their home in the Doe Valley community last week.
We've learned this morning from the District Attorney's office that Jamie Curd and Marvin Potter Junior are in custody and both are facing two charges of first degree murder.
We're told there is no clear motive at this time but more information will be released soon.
According to a press release from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the victims made complaints against Potter's daughter for harassing and making threats against them by telephone and over the internet. Curd defended the girl accused of the harassment in court.
Curd and Potter were booked in the Johnson County Jail on $200,000 bond each. They will be in court on March 7.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson