JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Make-A-Wish® East Tennessee, which serves the Tri-Cities area and others, was able to grant the wishes of 73 local children with life-threatening illnesses in 2013, and with your help, they hope to do the same in 2014.
One little girl in Kingsport who had a wish granted this year was all smiles during her trip to Disney in October.
Seven-year-old Kellan is battling cancer, but she hasn't lost her spirit.
Kellan had absolutely no problem coming up with her one true wish.
It came as no surprise to her wish granters or her parents when Kellan wished to go to Disney World and meet Merida.
Kellan loves the movie "Brave", and Merida is Kellan's favorite princess.
In Kellan's words, Merida is so special to her because, "she has red hair, just like me!"
Not only did she get to meet her, they had a chance to play a game of checkers and pose for some silly pictures together, too.
Kellan's little sisters also had fun meeting Merida and many other princesses.
The whole family enjoyed huge ice cream sundaes at Give Kids the World, and they topped it all off by meeting Mickey!
Kellan and her family thoroughly enjoyed their trip to magical Disney World, and the memories they created will stay in their hearts forever.
If you would like more information on how you can help other children have their wishes granted, please visit www.etn.wish.org.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview