BRISTOL, Va. - Some area Dairy Queen restaurants were offering people a sweet treat on Saturday while raising money for a good cause.
Saturday was "Free Blizzard Day". Patrons could get a free small blizzard if they made a donation to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
This was the third year of the fundraiser.
We're told this year's fundraiser was put on to a help a teenager named Cade from Meadowview, Virginia. He is raising money for St. Jude's.
He was a patient and is raising money as a way to give back to the hospital.
Dairy Queen raised $3,850.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death