BRISTOL, Va. - Some area Dairy Queen restaurants were offering people a sweet treat on Saturday while raising money for a good cause.
Saturday was "Free Blizzard Day". Patrons could get a free small blizzard if they made a donation to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
This was the third year of the fundraiser.
We're told this year's fundraiser was put on to a help a teenager named Cade from Meadowview, Virginia. He is raising money for St. Jude's.
He was a patient and is raising money as a way to give back to the hospital.
Dairy Queen raised $3,850.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin