BRISTOL, Va. - Area Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts need your help to feed the hungry.
Scouts will handing out collection bags this Saturday for their 'Scouting for Food' campaign.
A service project that gathers non-perishable food items for area food banks.
Troop 423 in Bristol will be collecting food for the Bristol Emergency Food Pantry.
Scout Master Michael Harman said the food pantry's cupboard is becoming bare.
"The food is just not there as much as it was last year," said Harman. "It's more important this year than it was in any year prior to donate, to get out there and give food. "
Scouts will pass out bags around the area this Saturday then they will pick them up the following Saturday, November 16th.
All you have to do is leave your donation in the provided bag by your door.
If you miss the collection, Harman says you can take your donation to your nearest Food City or directly to the Bristol Emergency Food Pantry.
The pantry is now open at its new location: 21 Washington Street in Bristol, VA, in front of First Baptist Church.
Phone Number: (423) 571-4449
Mailing Address: P.O.Box 1471, Bristol VA 24203
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally