ABINGDON, VA. - This is the 66th year of the Highlands Festival and a big part of the festival is the antique show. It also started 66 years ago, on the Barter green.
Virginia Highlands Community College is now the home of the antique show. Dealers come from as far away as Atlanta to sell their products but locals like Paul Callahan of Wytheville are here as well. "We come to this one being close." says Callahan. "It is a big show, they have 70 plus dealers and we have huge crowds."
The antiques market show and sale will run through August 10th.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash