ABINGDON, VA. - This is the 66th year of the Highlands Festival and a big part of the festival is the antique show. It also started 66 years ago, on the Barter green.
Virginia Highlands Community College is now the home of the antique show. Dealers come from as far away as Atlanta to sell their products but locals like Paul Callahan of Wytheville are here as well. "We come to this one being close." says Callahan. "It is a big show, they have 70 plus dealers and we have huge crowds."
The antiques market show and sale will run through August 10th.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend