ABINGDON, VA. - This is the 66th year of the Highlands Festival and a big part of the festival is the antique show. It also started 66 years ago, on the Barter green.
Virginia Highlands Community College is now the home of the antique show. Dealers come from as far away as Atlanta to sell their products but locals like Paul Callahan of Wytheville are here as well. "We come to this one being close." says Callahan. "It is a big show, they have 70 plus dealers and we have huge crowds."
The antiques market show and sale will run through August 10th.
- New Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley