ABINGDON, VA. - This is the 66th year of the Highlands Festival and a big part of the festival is the antique show. It also started 66 years ago, on the Barter green.
Virginia Highlands Community College is now the home of the antique show. Dealers come from as far away as Atlanta to sell their products but locals like Paul Callahan of Wytheville are here as well. "We come to this one being close." says Callahan. "It is a big show, they have 70 plus dealers and we have huge crowds."
The antiques market show and sale will run through August 10th.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting