BRISTOL, Va. - Happy Tails Animal Rescue of Washington County, VA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue of animals from the harm of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and unnecessary euthanasia and to the placement of animals in loving, lifetime homes.
The group supports and promotes spaying and neutering of all cats and dogs to help control the pet overpopulation, and promotes education of the public about responsible pet ownership.
Members of Happy Tails have been practicing animal rescue since 2002 and so far more than 8,200 animals have been saved.
If you would like to help Happy Tails, you are invited to sign up for a golf tournament to help raise funds for the organization. It is happening June 15th at Clear Creek Golf Course in Bristol, Virginia. The registration deadline is June 9th.
Click here to find a registration form: http://www.htar.org/category/events
Call Tracy Garcia at (276) 791-0080 for questions or more information.
Happy Tails Animal Rescue is also recruiting volunteers for the golf tournament and for its 5k Road Race and Mile Walk on the streets of Abingdon on Saturday, November 2nd.
Please contact Amanda Carrico at (423) 967-4892 if you are interested in helping out at either event.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson