A massive recall of air compressors is being announced. Almost 100,000 of the compressors are being recalled because they can shock you. The recall affects the brands of "Mat Industries", "H-D-X", and "Powermate" two-gallon compressors sold from June 2010 through this past October.
They can become electrified through the terminals of the pressure switch when they come into contact with the housing for the motor. If you have one these washers it is recommended you stop using the device.
You can log-on to cpsc.gov for more information, and to get a repair kit for free.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash