A massive recall of air compressors is being announced. Almost 100,000 of the compressors are being recalled because they can shock you. The recall affects the brands of "Mat Industries", "H-D-X", and "Powermate" two-gallon compressors sold from June 2010 through this past October.
They can become electrified through the terminals of the pressure switch when they come into contact with the housing for the motor. If you have one these washers it is recommended you stop using the device.
You can log-on to cpsc.gov for more information, and to get a repair kit for free.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death