ABINGDON, VA - Abingdon Police continue to investigate the deadly accident that killed a New York man yesterday when a large tree fell during a wind storm.
News 5 WCYB asked the town attorney Deb Icenhour whether they have any liability in the incident. She told us that the town is extremely diligent in maintaining the trees that line Main Street. In fact, we learned that town employs an arborist to check on and maintain the health of the trees.
Icenhour says the tree was not on any list to be removed and calls the death an unfortunate accident.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns