ABINGDON, VA - Abingdon Police continue to investigate the deadly accident that killed a New York man yesterday when a large tree fell during a wind storm.
News 5 WCYB asked the town attorney Deb Icenhour whether they have any liability in the incident. She told us that the town is extremely diligent in maintaining the trees that line Main Street. In fact, we learned that town employs an arborist to check on and maintain the health of the trees.
Icenhour says the tree was not on any list to be removed and calls the death an unfortunate accident.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations