ABINGDON, Va. - A former Abingdon police chief who died after a long battle with Parkinson's disease was laid to rest Wednesday.
According to Frost Funeral home, Cecil Kelly passed away on June 13th.
He was 74 years old.
He joined Abingdon's police department in 1962 and became chief in 1988.
Kelly held that position until retiring in 2003.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show