ABINGDON, Va. - A former Abingdon police chief who died after a long battle with Parkinson's disease was laid to rest Wednesday.
According to Frost Funeral home, Cecil Kelly passed away on June 13th.
He was 74 years old.
He joined Abingdon's police department in 1962 and became chief in 1988.
Kelly held that position until retiring in 2003.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies