ABINGDON, Va. - Abingdon Police are asking for your help after a town-owned park was vandalized.
Police responded to a fire at Muster Grounds lat Friday night. When they arrived at the scene, they found two picnic tables on fire.
They also found several trees uprooted and burned as well as several signs destroyed.
Leigh Anne Hunter Surber, superintendent of the grounds, tells us that many Eagle Scout troops built the destroyed items and it was disappointing to see their hard work vandalized. "They spent their time and volunteer hours putting together these projects, planting these trees, building these tables and signs and it's very disappointing to see someone come out destroy something like that," she said.
Officers say the vandals ran from the scene when they arrived.
If you have any information call the Abingdon Police Department.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire