ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon, Virginia man has 5 million reasons to celebrate.
Billy Debusk bought a "50X The Money" scratch off ticket and won $5 million, which is the game's top prize.
Debusk bought the ticket at 5Mart on West Main Street in Abingdon. The store will receive $10,000 from the Virginia Lottery for selling the winning ticket.
He had the choice of taking the full $5 million over 30 years or opting for a one time cast option of more than 3 million before taxes. He took the cash option.
Billy Debusk says he hopes to invest his winnings.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event