ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon, Virginia man has 5 million reasons to celebrate.
Billy Debusk bought a "50X The Money" scratch off ticket and won $5 million, which is the game's top prize.
Debusk bought the ticket at 5Mart on West Main Street in Abingdon. The store will receive $10,000 from the Virginia Lottery for selling the winning ticket.
He had the choice of taking the full $5 million over 30 years or opting for a one time cast option of more than 3 million before taxes. He took the cash option.
Billy Debusk says he hopes to invest his winnings.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin