ABINGDON, VA. - An Abingdon man was killed after being struck by a van on West Main Street.
According to police, 73 year old, Archie Evans was trying to cross the street with another person.
A van driven by Danny Hutchinson of Abingdon turned to avoid hitting the pedestrain but struck Evans instead.
Evans was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The accident is under investigation.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone