(CNN) -- A Norwegian woman who was sentenced to prison after reporting she was raped in Dubai has been given a pardon, a spokeswoman for Norway's Foreign Ministry, Ragnhild Imerslund, said Monday. Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said the 24-year-old woman, Marte Deborah Dalelv, is also free to travel where she wants and will not be deported, Imerslund said.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?