(CNN) -- Investigators have received preliminary information that security guards kept people from leaving an overcrowded night club in southern Brazil where hundreds died in a fire early Sunday, said Guido de Melo, a state fire official. "This overcrowding made it difficult for people to leave, and according to the information we have, the security guards kept people from leaving the building," he told Globo TV.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays
- Oregon football player suspended for snowball fight
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair