(CNN) -- Investigators have received preliminary information that security guards kept people from leaving an overcrowded night club in southern Brazil where hundreds died in a fire early Sunday, said Guido de Melo, a state fire official. "This overcrowding made it difficult for people to leave, and according to the information we have, the security guards kept people from leaving the building," he told Globo TV.
Around The Watercooler
- TGI Fridays accused of selling fake liquor
- 84-year-old indicted for drug trafficking
- Teen finds worm in McMuffin
- Mom dies, gives birth, then is revived
- Spectacular tech 'firsts' up for auction
- Does basketball star's massive back tattoo have a typo?
- Man builds pirate ship, sells it on Craigslist
- Sisters tossed from mall over cancer hats
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket