(CNN) -- Authorities have called off a search for an Australian couple who fell overboard a Carnival cruise ship this week, Australia's New South Wales Police said Friday. Authorities believe Paul Rossington and Kristen Schroder fell Wednesday night, about 150 kilometers (93 miles) off Foster, New South Wales. Searchers found no sign of the couple, and the search, which covered about 1,360 square nautical miles, was called off at 5 p.m. Friday, police said.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?