Two people rushed to hospital after being rescued from burning home
Two people are rushed to the hospital after being rescued from a burning home in Hawkins County.
The Mount Carmel Volunteer Fire Department got the call around 4a.m. Wednesday that flames were spreading inside a home on McCracken Lane.
Fire Chief Ryan Christian tells us an elderly woman and a teenager were rescued from the home. But few details are being released on their injuries and condition.
According to investigators, Chief Christian believes the fire started in the living room, "The fire may have started within the wall due to an electrical outlet and the fire spread from that area of origin."
We've learned the fire destroyed the home and the American Red Cross is helping the family.
Copyright 2013 by WCYB All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.