Firefighters, police investigating house fire
Bristol, Virginia fire crews were on the scene of a structure fire Sunday evening.
The fire started in a vacant home in the 1000 block of Vermont Avenue just before 5 p.m. Sunday.
Lt. J.J Cornett with the Bristol, Virginia Fire Department tells us no one was inside at the time.
We're told the house did not have electricity. "We had reports that someone was trapped inside," Cornett said. "Upon entering the structure no one was located. The power was off to the house."
Firefighters tell us it's possible a meth lab may have sparked the blaze, but the investigation is ongoing. Samples from the scene are being sent to a lab for testing.
Copyright 2013 by WCYB All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.