In an apparent show of confidence in the new aircraft, United announced last month that it was ordering 20 additional 787s, specifically the 787-10 model, a longer version of the plane.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Fire aboard a Boeing 787 renews concerns
Ethiopian Airlines plane unoccupied
POSTED: 12:22 PM Jul 12 2013 UPDATED: 6:56 PM Jul 12 2013
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays
- Oregon football player suspended for snowball fight
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair