Family of seven loses home to fire
A Southwest Virginia family is without a home after their house goes up in flames.
We've learned the fire was at a home on Appalachian Trail Drive in Damascus, Virginia.
It started around 6:15 Wednesday night and took fire crews several hours to extinguish and clean up.
Dispatchers say 7 people were inside the home but they all got out safely.
The house is a total loss.
Fire crews say it was started because of an electrical problem.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.