DAMASCUS, Va. -

     A Southwest Virginia family is without a home after their house goes up in flames.
     We've learned the fire was at a home on Appalachian Trail Drive in Damascus, Virginia.
     It started around 6:15 Wednesday night and took fire crews several hours to extinguish and clean up.
     Dispatchers say 7 people were inside the home but they all got out safely.
     The house is a total loss.
     Fire crews say it was started because of an electrical problem.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.