Family of seven loses home to fire
A Southwest Virginia family is without a home after their house goes up in flames.
We've learned the fire was at a home on Appalachian Trail Drive in Damascus, Virginia.
It started around 6:15 Wednesday night and took fire crews several hours to extinguish and clean up.
Dispatchers say 7 people were inside the home but they all got out safely.
The house is a total loss.
Fire crews say it was started because of an electrical problem.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Copyright 2013 by WCYB All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.