Electrical short causes house fire
Fire crews were on scene of at a fire in Kingsport Sunday afternoon.
We've learned the fire broke out around 2 o'clock on Fairview Avenue.
It started on the second level. The 3 people who live there were home at the time, but everyone got out okay.
We spoke with Captain Robert Brown with the Kingsport Fire Department who says, "a small electrical short caused a fire upstairs. We got on scene really quickly and were able to find it. We did have to cut a hole in the roof, put it out. Put some extension, but all in all we kept the damage on the upper floor."
We're told the first level is still livable, so the family does have a place to stay.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.