Christmas lights may have sparked house fire in Sullivan County
Firefighters were called out to house fire in Piney Flats Monday morning.
We had a crew on the scene as firefighters worked to put out the flames at a home along Johnson Drive.
Crews told us they got the call around 11:45 a.m. from a driver passing through the area, and when they got there, firefighters said the home was already fully involved, but no one was hurt.
"No one was home at the time, but it seems as if there was a small dog in the house that we've yet to locate," said Todd Justice, chief of the Piney Flats Volunteer Fire Department.
We're told the house is a total loss.
Justice told News 5 outdoor Christmas lights could possibly have started that fire.
View photos: Johnson Drive house fire
Copyright 2013 by WCYB All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.