BRISTOL, Tenn. - A 96 year-old woman has died after her Bristol, Tennessee home caught on fire Wednesday night.
Annie Hayes had been in critical condition after flames ripped through her Hickory Road house.
Her family tells us a neighbor saw smoke and called 911.
Firefighters pulled the elderly woman out, and she was rushed to the hospital.
Her children say she passed away Thursday night, surrounded by her loved ones.
They say she was a wonderful woman who would do anything for anyone.
"And it was just like I'd lost my whole world. Mother just kept us all together," Carole Edgy, who is Hayes' daughter.
The fire department says the fire likely started in the living room, but the exact cause is still under investigation.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment