BRISTOL, Va. - With help from the State of Virginia and the City of Bristol, Shearer's Foods is expanding its plant.
That expansion means more jobs. The plant is operating 24-hour shifts seven days a week to keep up with demand, and now they are in need of new employees in all areas of their production.
Ed Allen is the plant manager. "We need more people to come to work here at Shearer's, and we're happy to offer these positions," he said. "We have all kinds of positions. We've got unskilled labor, we do have packaging. We also have mechanical skills needed, so we have some mechanics."
The company currently has 44 positions open. To be considered for employment, you must apply online. Visit shearers.com for more information.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day