BRISTOL, Va. - With help from the State of Virginia and the City of Bristol, Shearer's Foods is expanding its plant.
That expansion means more jobs. The plant is operating 24-hour shifts seven days a week to keep up with demand, and now they are in need of new employees in all areas of their production.
Ed Allen is the plant manager. "We need more people to come to work here at Shearer's, and we're happy to offer these positions," he said. "We have all kinds of positions. We've got unskilled labor, we do have packaging. We also have mechanical skills needed, so we have some mechanics."
The company currently has 44 positions open. To be considered for employment, you must apply online. Visit shearers.com for more information.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia