PULASKI COUNTY, Va. - More than 200 jobs are headed to Virginia, with a $30 million investment to produce tomatoes.
Red Sun Farms is making the investment to produce hydroponic tomatoes in Pulaski County. The company will build climate-controlled greenhouses on 45 acres in the New River Valley Commerce Park.
Governor Bob McDonnell says $450,000 in state grant money was used to help the county attract Red Sun.
State Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry Todd Haymore says while Virginia is among the country's top producers of tomatoes, few are grown under greenhouse conditions.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction