PULASKI COUNTY, Va. - More than 200 jobs are headed to Virginia, with a $30 million investment to produce tomatoes.
Red Sun Farms is making the investment to produce hydroponic tomatoes in Pulaski County. The company will build climate-controlled greenhouses on 45 acres in the New River Valley Commerce Park.
Governor Bob McDonnell says $450,000 in state grant money was used to help the county attract Red Sun.
State Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry Todd Haymore says while Virginia is among the country's top producers of tomatoes, few are grown under greenhouse conditions.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane