PULASKI COUNTY, Va. - More than 200 jobs are headed to Virginia, with a $30 million investment to produce tomatoes.
Red Sun Farms is making the investment to produce hydroponic tomatoes in Pulaski County. The company will build climate-controlled greenhouses on 45 acres in the New River Valley Commerce Park.
Governor Bob McDonnell says $450,000 in state grant money was used to help the county attract Red Sun.
State Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry Todd Haymore says while Virginia is among the country's top producers of tomatoes, few are grown under greenhouse conditions.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'