CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - 30 people were indicted on meth charges from Operation Street Sweeper, an investigation conducted by the Carter County Sheriff's Office.
Here's what we've learned -- the operation primarily targeted meth traffickers. 18 people were in custody Thursday afternoon following raids that began Wednesday morning.
Three active meth labs were also seized during the raids.
A press conference was held at 2:30 Thursday afternoon regarding the investigation. We'll bring you more details tonight on News 5 WCYB.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial