CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - 30 people were indicted on meth charges from Operation Street Sweeper, an investigation conducted by the Carter County Sheriff's Office.
Here's what we've learned -- the operation primarily targeted meth traffickers. 18 people were in custody Thursday afternoon following raids that began Wednesday morning.
Three active meth labs were also seized during the raids.
A press conference was held at 2:30 Thursday afternoon regarding the investigation. We'll bring you more details tonight on News 5 WCYB.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor