CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - 30 people were indicted on meth charges from Operation Street Sweeper, an investigation conducted by the Carter County Sheriff's Office.
Here's what we've learned -- the operation primarily targeted meth traffickers. 18 people were in custody Thursday afternoon following raids that began Wednesday morning.
Three active meth labs were also seized during the raids.
A press conference was held at 2:30 Thursday afternoon regarding the investigation. We'll bring you more details tonight on News 5 WCYB.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend